Did you bite it back?

This is what the Dr. asked Ms. Serious today about her bug bite. She just looked at him like he was crazy.






We spent yesterday at the beach, and came home with a bug bite on K's cheek. I noticed it around 3PM, but just thought it was a mosquito bite. It was a little swollen this morning, but between 1 & 3:30PM it got huge. I called the Dr. and amazingly they got her in today. I had 30 min. to get out of the house and to her appointment (we live 20 min. from base). We arrived on time, and got taken back almost immediately. I don't know if they take swollen faces that seriously or if we were just lucky, but I was glad to find out that nothing horrible is going to happen to her. We were told that she is having an allergic reaction and there is now infection which is why the drastic change in appearance. So, we have antibiotics and benadryl. I was very concerned that the swelling would move to her eyes or nasal passages, but the dr. didn't seem concerned.

I just had to share how pathetic my girl looks. I feel so bad for her, but she says it doesn't hurt.

0 comments: