Italian beauty...relaxing on the beach with great friends, laughing children, sun, and sand!
Caorle Beach is where our day took us. We start these adventures and don't always know where they will lead us. We found our way to the beach and used our meager Italian language skills to rent umbrellas and chairs for our crew. Once the bags were set down and the towels laid out, out came the sunscreen. We applied and applied, but some of us still ended up with a little burn. Us ladies chatted while the kids dug in the sand. Well, Kennedy, my neat freak child, decided to roll in the sand. I don't know what got into that girl, but she had sand from head to toe.
(Kennedy & Jacob...family)
The water was perfect! The temperature was great; it was the perfect depth for the kids to play in.
I can't say anything other than GREAT things about our day. Sometimes you can't believe the blessing you are given. I haven't been feeling too chipper since Brian left, so this is just what I needed.
Caorle has so much history and character. It is definitely more than a beach town. I'm looking forward to our next trip and more time to wander around. As we looked out into the water this church was in our view. The story behind it is below.
The church of Blessed Virgin of the Angel is built on a little promontory on the sea. In ancient times, the church had three naves, but the sea repeatedly destroyed one of them. So in eighteenth century the church was rebuilt, with the structure that it has today. The legend says that one day a number of fishermen saw a light on the sea; when they approached it, they found a statue of the Virgin Mary with Child, and they carried it to the shore. The bishop and the townspeople tried to carry the statue to the cathedral but it was very heavy; so the bishop called a group of children (because of their innocence) and they succeeded in carrying it to the nearby church of the Archangel Michael (for this "Virgin of the Angel").



1 comments:
I miss you! Looks like you had some fun at the beach. I hope you are doing well while Brian is away. I know you are going to miss him when he goes on his long adventure.
Post a Comment