Jameson's Birthday!

To our friends and family throughout the world:

Jameson Thomas Darling entered the world on June 11th, 2010 @ 7:04 AM.  Many of y'all have asked about his birth details, and this seems to be the easiest way to distribute our exciting news.  And, let me tell you 6 days ago was one of the most exciting days of my life! 

Our birth story really began almost 2 1/2 years ago when we decided to have another child.  At the time, Brian was getting ready to leave for Iraq, and we knew that we'd be waiting until he came home a year later to get pregnant.  Well, September 2009 brought Brian home and a positive pregnancy test.  From the positive test and every day since, our love for Jameson has grown everyday.  Our pregnancy journey was uneventful despite an overseas move & a change of doctors.  Pregnancy really seems to agree with my body, but for the record I'm done with being pregnant.  

Me, being a little obsessive, had tons of plans for this pregnancy.  Usually, God laughs at my plans, but He really provided in every way for our family during the past 40 weeks.  I had been praying that Jameson would stay cozy in my belly until at least June 7th when my grandparents would get to N.Carolina to take care of Ms. Kennedy; Kennedy's care during my hospital stay was a major stressor for me.  My prayers also included a negative group B strep test (meaning less time in the hospital), the strength to have a natural delivery, and a healthy baby.  I'm sure I prayed for tons of other things, but these were constantly on my list.  All of my prayers were answered in the way I had wanted, and therefore, my life was somewhat stress free.  

My grandparents arrived on June 7th to a very happy, pregnant grand-daughter.  Kennedy was ecstatic to see them, and I was very relieved that my girl would be taken care of.   My grandparents were excited to be part of their great-grandson's birth, and were anxious for his arrival.  Brian's work schedule was crazy and required him to be outside all week.  He hoped that Jameson would arrive and allow him to start his paternity leave.  (The temps were in the upper 90s, and Brian would get home just miserable.)  We all know babies come when they are ready, but Thursday night everyone in our house was praying for Jameson to make his debut.  Brian was dreading the 4 mile run in the 80+ degree temps on Friday morning, and I was starting to think I might go past my due date (6/13).  Little did we know that Friday morning would be so exciting.  

On Friday, I woke up about 3:30 AM feeling nauseous, but didn't think anything of it since this was 'normal' for me these days.  I laid in bed hoping to fall back asleep, but around 4:30AM I just didn't feel right and went downstairs to watch TV.  By 5AM I was having contractions, but they weren't painful.  Brian was up getting ready for PT, and asked me if he should call in to work.  I told him I didn't know, but when he said he wouldn't available from 6:30 to 8AM, I told him he better stay home.  He called work, and I went to take a shower.  I used the bathroom, and thought my water broke.  I wasn't for sure, so I go on with my shower.  As I'm getting dressed, a puddle of water is on the floor.  I'm thinking ok, this is serious.  30 min. later we are on the way to the hospital.  At 6:40AM we are sitting in L&D triage waiting for someone to get me hooked up to monitors.  I was still feeling good, and the contractions were manageble as long as I was walking.  Well, now I'm laying in a hospital bed, and everything goes downhill quickly.  I start feeling nauseous, and I'm telling Brian I can't just lay in bed.  The nurse finally comes in at 6:55, and Brian tells her I feel like I need to push.  I wasn't going to say anything because I knew she was busy with another patient, and didn't want to be a bother.  The nurse comes back with a doctor I've never seen, and the dr. checks me.  I'm 10cm & ready to push.  I couldn't believe it!  Labor isn't supposed to be this easy.  The craziness begins.  They break down the triage bed, wheel me into the first available L&D room, & a few moments later I'm pushing.  I'm still in my clothes, I have no IV or monitors.  I pushed through one contraction, and my sweet boy was born.   I don't know who delivered Jameson.  I'm sure the dr. told me, but it was all too fast.  He is perfect; my labor was perfect!

Jameson's birth was the most incredible experience!  Yes, the 1 min. of pushing felt horrible, but I would do it all over again.  I had prayed for an easy, natural birth, and God provided like only He can.  







0 comments: