Cold Cold Cold

Visiting with family has been wonderful! I have tried to shop to the best of my ability, but negative temperatures and snow have put a damper on my activity. Thoughts of going for a run outside went out the window the moment I stepped off the plane. I don't think my body has ever felt negative temps and 5 inches of snow...oh is it cold. I have some great pics of Kennedy in the snow that I will post once I get a USB cord to download pics of my camera. I have been eating some excellent food! Sending Mexican food thoughts back to Italy.

The longer I live overseas, the more I realize that Americans (in general) are just self involved. People are constantly asking me how Italy is, but as soon as I start telling them they can't seem to understand how I could live there. Granted I do miss some American luxuries, but I have learned about so many other cultures. The sightseeing stuff is wonderful, but I truly love watching people from other countries in their day to day life. Eating habits, the way they raise their children, philosophies about heat and air conditioning, etc are just so interesting. So, as much as I love running to Target, I love travelling that much more. I can't wait to get back to Italy and our trip to Paris!

0 comments: