life has been full of busyness which is why I've been so horrible at updating this blog. Kennedy & I have quite the schedule with activities every day of the week. Someone told me this week that "idle minds are the devil's workshop." It made me think (which I rarely have time to do). I don't consciously say to myself "find things to do so you don't have time to be lonely," but I know that is what is going on. I know that if I sit at home all the time I will begin to conjure up ideas that are false & will only cause me anxiety. What I do know is that God has provided me with friends who truly care, a sweet girl who looks just like her daddy, & a wonderful husband who can't wait to get back to me. So, until September I will keep being busy.
This past weekend Kennedy & I took a trip to Verona with some friends. We liked Verona enough, but the best part was our dinner at Medieval Times. Kennedy had a blast rooting for yellow knight. She was jumping up and down, screaming, & banging our metal dishes together. It was so fun to see her full of excitement.
We finished out our weekend with a bonfire at Lake Barcis. We gathered with about 50 other friends; we enjoyed roasting hotdogs and making smores. I failed to take pictures, but if you are on facebook you'll see a few.
This week is in full swing. Monday was a busy day, but super exciting. We had a conference call with B's Commander, and were given an arrival date. We are looking at a little less 4 months left on this journey. Homecoming celebrations are in the works. I'll be placing an order for our red, white, & blue decorations very soon. We will also be getting B's vacation dates this week. We are all ready for this short break from this tiring time. We'll keep on our schedule of the gym, pre-school, Bible study, lunch dates, & get togethers until Brian comes home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment