"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him over to the Lord." - 1 Sam 1:28
Brian & I used this verse during Kennedy's baby dedication, & four years later I still think about it daily. Everyday I pray with Kennedy & for her. While the mistakes I make in parenting disappoint me it is those moments in her bed every night praying & reading that I know God is with our family. She is one AWESOME child! Her smile brings me delight, her hugs a warmth the fills my body, and her sweet kisses a brightness to my face. After all that, the little moments that drive me crazy are just challenges that fade into the background at the end of the day. The days that go by too quickly these days.
Brian asked her to stop growing up. She giggled her little 4 year old giggle & said, "Daddy, I can't be a baby forever." Kennedy is far from a baby, but still needs our guidance & help daily. She is one busy girl this summer with swim lessons, jazz class, & Taekwondo. The activities are fun for her, but to see her with her friends is amazing. She has a best friend, Alyssa, and they hug & say they miss each other. She is growing physically, emotionally, socially, & spiritually. All of this is happening so fast that we need God to be with her & our family.



0 comments:
Post a Comment