how does your garden grow?
With tomatoes, squash, zucchini, carrots, jalapenos, & herbs all in a row.
(K & I in our work clothes looking oh so lovely)
(my dirty girl)
3 weeks ago, Kennedy & I started prepping for our first little garden. We weeded, turned the old dirt, added new dirt, added fertilizer, and finally the time came to plant our plants. Our plants were little tiny things, and then we had seeds for our carrots & herbs. We wanted to plant cucumbers too, but all the seeds and plants were sold out at Lowe's. Who knew that cucumbers were the "it" vegetable.
This garden has been a learning process for me. My parents always had a garden, and I knew that I loved tomatoes off the vine. Once we got back to the States, a garden was a must. My goal is to have a chemical free garden, so I spent lots of time researching how to keep pests away naturally. I don't really see the point of a home garden if you are going pollute it with pesticides. My natural pest deterrents seem to be working good, but you can judge...
(this is the garden 2 weeks ago)
(This is it now)
It has been great spending time with Kennedy as she learned about how plants/seeds grow. We are obsessed with checking on the growth daily. Honestly, the plants seem to change overnight. I can't wait until I'm eating my first tomato in about a month.



1 comments:
Wow!! Your garden is kicking my garden's butt! Fertilizer... I should use some of that I guess!
Post a Comment