Our Dedication
On Labor Day weekend in 2006 we stood in front of our family and church in Austin, TX, and dedicated Kennedy's life to the Lord. Brian and I agreed to raise her in a Christian home in hopes that she will accept the Lord as her Savior when she is old enough to understand. I hate to admit it, but I honestly don't think about that commitment enough. We pray before meals and bed, we go to church, & I explain that God sends rain, fog, etc., but I never realized how much Kennedy understood. (We've been having lots of rain & fog lately.)
As we were driving on a foggy day last week, Kennedy once again asked about the fog. I explained, again, that God sends weather to replenish the plants, streams, etc. Then she just said, "and God makes the trees, plants, friends, dogs, cats....." She just went on and on listing things. All I could think was WOW! She is barely 3, and she gets it. I know there is so much more for her to learn about God, but it is so amazing what she understands already. I am truly thankful for all the people at church, at Bible study, our friends, and our family that have contributed to teaching Kennedy about the Lord. I'm looking forward to her learning more!
My sweet Kenners is growing up!
2:14 AM
|
|
This entry was posted on 2:14 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment