Winter Wonderland or Spring Sunshine????

Hmmmmm....it is the end of March, Easter weekend, and we have SNOW!!!!! Really is has been so cold and rainy these past few days. This morning we actually got snow! Maybe I'm totally programmed wrong, but I believe that with Easter comes warm weather. Where is this thing we call Sun? I guess only God knows, but I hope He reveals this sun to me soon!

This weekend has been a wonderful time spent with friends and hanging out as a family. Brian had a 4 day weekend, so we've been having fun. Our Friday night was a long overdue night of BBQing with our friends the McGuire's and the Garner's. Josh has been away on his year of "vacation", and was able to come home to Italy for a few short weeks. John had been away on a "vacation", too. We have not had a good ol' BBQ since before the holidays. We let the kids stay up way too late, and had a blast chit chatting...well, the women did. I'm not sure what the men do outside by the grill, but I'm sure they have fun! Saturday was a first for our family; we colored Easter eggs. Kennedy colored them last year, but Dad wasn't around. We invited our friends the Hero's over to participate in the fun! They have 3 kids, so Kennedy has so much fun when they come over.

Sunday morning came, and we headed to church. Wow, it was packed! Our service has been growing, but we literally ran out of room in the sanctuary. The music was wonderful and Ch. Browning did an amazing job on the sermon. He took the time to explain why the Jesus dying on the cross was 100% true. I as a believer have no doubt that Jesus died for us, but I know so many people who question Christianity. Before I get off on my tangent, I better stick to what we did this weekend. My commitment to Christ and my faith is another blog entirely. Lets just say that I was truly blessed by Sunday morning worship! We headed to brunch, and then home for K's Easter egg hunt. The bunny left just a few eggs, so the hunt was pretty quick.







Following the Easter egg hunt, we got ready to go sledding up at Piancovallo. Due to the freezing cold temps and all the rain we had in Maniago, we knew the snow would be great up the mountain. The drive up was uneventful, but as soon as we got out of the car the snow started coming down. This wasn't a light snow fall, but massive snow flakes...at least to us Texans. We spent about 45 min. sledding, throwing snow, and just having fun before heading back to the car. Upon our arrival, there was already an inch of snow on the car. We were worried about the snow accumlation on the road, so after much fussing from the Kenners we got going.




We've had an amazing weekend just being a family! I love the time we get to spend together.

Please continue to pray for Brian's Granny. We've heard only good news from our family in the States, but she's still in the hospital recovering.


0 comments: