The most important thing about this trip is that we had a GREAT time as a family and with friends! On Labor day weekend, we headed out early on Saturday morning to get a camping spot big enough to hold 7, yes 7, tents! There are a few things about European camping that are way different: no open fires, see our make-shift smores pit below, and the bathrooms/showers are immaculate. There was maid service that cleaned the bathrooms every 2 hours. It was a little cooler than anticipated, so I lived in my little hoodie for the whole weekend. Brian said I practically smothered him the second night we were there; I was just trying to stay warm. Kennedy loved putting up the tent, riding her bike, and hanging out with all the grown ups. She had all the women playing animals with her.
Camping-Bled Slovenia
On Sunday, a few people went whitewater rafting, but most of us went exploring on our own. Brian, Kennedy, and I headed out to Vintgar Gorge. This is one of the places I researched before heading to Bled, and I knew it'd be beautiful. Beautiful and amazing it was! We walked for about 3 miles on little ledges and bridges over rushing water. At some areas we couldn't even stand up straight. Kennedy was a trooper and walked pretty much the whole way. We wanted to explore some other areas around Bled, but Kennedy was exhausted. When we got back to camp we just hung out and walked around. It was really great getting to spend time with the other families. We are hoping to go back one more time before Brian leaves.
2:51 PM
|
Labels:
vacation
|
This entry was posted on 2:51 PM
and is filed under
vacation
.
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment